The unmerge cells instruction allows a user to unmerge cells that have previously been merged within an Excel workbook. The instruction can be configured to unmerge cells within a specified range, to ignore any cell range specified and unmerge all merged cells within a whole worksheet, or ignore any cell range and worksheet specified and unmerge all merged cells within a whole workbook.
Before we get started
Please further create a ‘Manipulate a file’ or ‘Multiple file manipulations’ action step so that you can add and use instructions.
The target file that we are going to use resembles the following image. As you can see, there are 12 pairs of merged cells, each containing the value “ABC”.
1. Create an ‘Unmerge cells’ instruction.
2. Link the file named “Target” as the target file.
3. Use Sheet1 from the target file.
4. Use cell A1 from Sheet1.
5. Select the ‘Ignore cell range and Unmerge cells in selected worksheet’ rule.
6. Save and run the step.
7. After the step finishes running, download and open the target file. As you can see, all 12 pairs of merged cells have been unmerged simply by selecting the second rule: