The validate Excel workbook instruction allows a user to check a whole Excel workbook for errors returned by the formulas in the workbook.
Before we get started
Please further create a ‘Manipulate a file’ or ‘Multiple file manipulations’ action step so that you can add and use instructions.
The target file that we are going to use resembles the following image.
1. Create an ‘Validate Excel workbook’ instruction.
2. Link the file named “Target” as the target file.
3. Type “7” into the ‘Stop validation after’ field or adjust the ticker next to this field to “7”.
4. Tick the box to enable the ‘Output result in new worksheet’ option.
5. Save and run the step.
6. The step will fail as there are 7 cells in the target file which return errors. The following error message will be shown:
7. Download and open the target file. Navigate to the “SVX_WorkbookValidation” worksheet: