“Import from Excel” in Managed Tables Group is an instruction that allows to import data from an excel file into the managed table.
It is required to have managed table with the same numbers of columns as the selected data in the excel file. Below is an example of data into an excel file and related managed table structure. If do not have managed table created already, then refer to this article on how to create managed table.
1. Load a process and turn on Design mode
2. Load file manipulation step
3. Click on “Click here to select an instruction”
4. Expand the Managed Tables group and Select “Import from Excel” instruction.
5. Click on Link button of the source side and select an Excel file, that you want to export to managed table
6. Select an excel worksheet from the drop-down list
7. Specify a source range address or source range name that need to be exported to managed table
8. Click on Link button of the target side and select a managed table
9. Tick the “Include column headings?” check box, if selected excel source range contains heading row
10. Tick the “Clear old data?” check box, if selected target managed table should be cleared before importing the new data.
11. Click on Save button to save the step detail.
12. Click on Run button to run the step.
After step completes successfully, selected source excel data will be imported into the target managed table.