“Import from Excel” in Managed Tables Group is an instruction that allows the user to import data from an excel file into a managed table.
You need to have a managed table with the same numbers of columns as the selected data in the excel file. Below is an example of the data in an excel file and related managed table structure. If you have not created a managed table already, then please refer to the article on how to create a managed table.
Create a new action step by right-clicking on a group and then selecting "Add action step":
2. Under "Manipulating Data" select "Multiple file manipulations" and then click on "Add the selected step to my process":
- In the instruction search bar type "import from excel".
- Then select the "Import from Excel" instruction that has the grey icon:
5. For steps 5-10 refer to the image below. Click on Link button of the source side and select an Excel file, that you want to import into the managed table.
6. Select an Excel worksheet from the drop-down list.
7. Specify a source range address or source range name that specifies the data that will be exported to the managed table.
8. Click on Link button of the target side and select a managed table.
9. Tick the “Include column headings?” checkbox, if selected excel source range contains heading row.
10. Tick the “Clear old data?” checkbox, if the selected target managed table should be cleared before importing the new data.
11. Click on Save button to save the step detail.
12. Click on the Run button to run the step.
After step completes successfully, the selected source excel data will be imported into the target managed table.