The insert column instruction allows a user to insert columns before a particular column within an Excel worksheet.
Before we get started
Please further create a ‘Manipulate a file’ or ‘Multiple file manipulations’ action step so that you can add and use instructions.
The target file that we are going to use looks like this:
1. Create an ‘Insert column’ instruction.
2. Link the file named “Customer.xlsx” as the target file.
3. Select Sheet1.
4. Type the number of columns you wish to insert.
5. Enter the column which you wish to insert the blank columns before.
6. Save and run the step.
7. After the step finishes running, download and open the target file. In this case, 2 columns have been inserted before column B.