SolveXia Analytics & Reporting provides a simple way to create powerful reports based on managed tables. With the latest BI and data visualisation techniques, you can create reports that communicate and inform effectively.
This article will explain how to create a table which includes only the largest ten values from within a data field, along with any other fields corresponding to those values.
Before we get started
Before you start, please ensure that you have a managed table with at least one row of data. If you need help to create a managed table or to import data into a managed table, please refer to the articles below.
- How to create a managed table
- How to import data from an excel file into managed table
- How to import data from text file into managed table
- How to import data from access file into managed table
- Create a report with a pie chart
1. Create a new Report with the managed table used in the Creating a tabular report with Drill-Through capability tutorial.
2. At the ‘Report Data’ stage, drag, from the Data Field pane into the Columns pane, the ‘AirlineInfo_Date’ field once and the ‘AirlineInfo_Amount’ field twice.
3. Aggregate both of the ‘AirlineInfo_Amount’ fields.
4. Select the second ‘AirlineInfo_Amount’ field.
5. Click the ‘Advanced Function’ option.
6. A new browser window will pop up (please make sure that the ‘pop-up blocker’ of your browser is not blocking pop-ups from the website). The dropdown for function should be set to ‘Analysis’ by default.
7. Scroll down to the ‘Top 10 Rank’ function by clicking on the arrow pointing downwards.
8. Select the the ‘Top 10 Rank’ function.
9. Click the Save.
10. Navigate to the ‘Preview’ stage.
11. Click the arrow at the right side of the header cell of the ‘Rank of AirlineInfo_Amount ‘ column.
12. A dropdown will appear. Select ‘Sort Ascending’ from the dropdown.
13. The table will now be sorted by Rank: