The Process Specification documents how a process is configured, and includes information about how the process has changed over time. The most common scenarios where you might want to generate a specification report include (a) as documentation for important business processes (b) for risk , audit or compliance reviews (c) to facilitate the communication between teams and team members of how a process works and (d) to periodically review important business processes for correctness.
- Open the process you want to generate a specification report for – you can read about how to do this here
- Click on “Generate process document” button on the tool-bar at the top of the screen (this is in the “Home” tab group)
- Once you click on “Generate process document” button, new separate browser window will be open with process specification report
The "specification" section of the report will contain the groups, steps and instructions in your process - along with the details of each:
The information (shown above) is at a level of detail that:
- Will allow a user to recreate the process (in SolveXia); and
- Allow the process to be replicated manually (i.e. using the data and files on a desktop).
You can also open the process specification report by "right clicking" on the process in the process tree and selecting "process specification"