Process runs are a powerful audit tool in SolveXia that act as "snapshots" of what you ran at a particular point in time. For example, if a regulator was to ask you how you produced a report three months ago, having a run will enable you to see:
- The end-to-end process that was executed at a particular point in time; and
- All of the input files, outputs and interim data
Runs are also locked, meaning that users are not able to edit or change them retrospectively - this is to ensure the integrity of the run.
1. Whilst in your process, go to the run tab and click "Run this process".
2. In the Run process window that appears, tick the "Create a new process-run" checkbox.
3. Click Run.
4. The process will be copied as a run and will appear under the "Runs" folder within the selected process.
5. The run will also start to execute. Note that the group headers are orange (indicating that this is a run).
Tips and Tricks
You can view your historical runs at any time. Simply open the process, then, in the process-tree, navigate to the "Runs" folder and open the run that you wish to review.
Runs can be copied:
The copy of the run will be a standalone process which you can edit (just like any other process).