You can set default alerts on your process to automatically send an email or SMS whenever a step fails. This can be very useful for unsupervised processing - for example, if the process runs on a schedule.
1. Right-click on the process (in the process tree).
2. Click on “Edit process properties
3. Tick “Send alerts when process fails” and supply a mobile number or email address of the person to be notified.
4. Click Save in the top-right corner of the workspace to save your changes. The next time your process runs, an SMS or email should automatically now be sent as soon as any step (in the run) fails.
Tips and Tricks
The process may contain steps that you either expect to fail (such as a condition step that dictates the workflow of the process). For these types of steps, you most likely do NOT want to receive an alert on failure. You can resolve this by:
1. Opening the specific step that you want to suppress the failure for; and
2. Ticking the "Suppress (SMS/Email) alerts" option