SolveXia Analytics & Reporting provides a simple way to create powerful reports based on managed tables. With the latest BI and data visualisation techniques, you can create reports that communicate and inform effectively.
This article will guide you through the creation of a report which co-displays another report. The co-display feature is used to display multiple reports within a single screen, or to create tabs for easy switching between multiple reports. This allows an user to make quick comparisons between reports. In this example, we will use the co-display feature to display two reports side-by-side.
Before we get started
Before you start, please ensure that you have a managed table with at least one row of data. If you need help to create a managed table or to import data into a managed table, please refer to the articles below.
- How to create a managed table
- How to import data from an excel file into managed table
- How to import data from text file into managed table
- How to import data from access file into managed table
- Create a report with a pie chart
1. Create a new Report with the managed table used in the Creating a tabular report with Drill-Through capability tutorial.
2. At the ‘Report Data’ stage, drag the ‘AirlineInfo_Date’ and ‘AirlineInfo_Amount’ field from the Data Field pane into the Columns pane.
3. Aggregate the ‘AirlineInfo_Amount’ column.
4. Within the ‘Report Options’ pane, and under the ‘Analysis’ section, tick the select ‘Co-Display’ box.
5. Navigate to the next stage (the ‘Related Reports’ stage).
6. In the left-hand ‘Search’ pane, find the Parent report. For help on how to search for reports, see the How to create a tabular report with Drill-Through capability tutorial.
7. Drag the report you saved as “PARENT” into the ‘Co-Display Right’ pane.
8. Navigate to the ‘Preview’ stage: