SolveXia Analytics & Reporting provide a simple way to create powerful reports based on managed tables. With the latest BI and data visualisation techniques, you can create reports that help communicate and inform.
This article is a tutorial that will take you to create your first report. By the end of this article, a report will be created to display the data from a managed table in table format. Once you have mastered the ability to create a simple tabular report as described here, you will likely want to expand your knowledge to build reports with graphical representations, such as pie graphs, column and bar charts, bubble charts etc. There are links at the bottom of this article that will take you to these more advanced instructions.
Before we get started
Before we start creating our first report, please make sure that you have a managed table created and table has at least one row of data.
There are help articles to help you create your managed table and import data into it.
- Creating managed table
- How to import data from text into managed table
- How to import data from access into managed table
For the purpose of this article we are going to use a simple and fictitious example of a Cookie Shop. You will want to replace reference to the “CookieShop” managed table with a managed table of your own
1. To the left of the screen, in the tree control, right click on a folder under the Analytics & Reporting folder, and click the Create report context menu button. You can click any folders you can see under Analytics & Reporting folder and the report is put under the selected folder once you click the Create report button.
Step 2 to 4 below will set the name of your report and determine which managed table(s) it draws data from.
2. Type in the report name as CookieShopAnnumReporting. You can put any name that make sense to you. It becomes the title of the report once the report is created.
3. The search window will list the tables you can choose from. If you have a lot of tables, and you want to narrow it down, you can use the search criteria to do this. Expand the Criteria and search for tables that contains Cookie in the table name. This filters the list of tables that doesn’t contain Cookie in their names, so it is easier for you to select in the result grid. If you can find your table directly from the result grid, you can skip this step.
4. Choose the table CookieShopAccount from the result grid and click button Choose the selected item.
5. The report opens up in a new browser window. Once the report window is opened and loaded, click Report Properties section on the right side.
6. Click Select Sub Category to select All ungrouped reports from the list of Sub Categories.
7. Click the button 2 to go to the next step.
8. Click the Save button and then click Activate button. This publishes the report.
9. Your first report is displayed. You notice that the edit options are not visible anymore.
If you want to continue, below are links that will take you to more advanced reports.