SolveXia Analytics & Reporting provide an easy way to create powerful reports based on the managed tables. This article is a tutorial that will guide you how to create a tabular report with the graphical pie chart. After completing this tutorial you will be able to create a simple tabular report with the graphical pie chart.
Before we get started
Before you start creating new report please ensure that you have a managed table with at least one row of data in order to create a tabular report with the pie chart. If you need help to create a managed table or to import data from text / Excel / MS Access file into the managed table, then please refer to below help articles to create a managed table, and import data into the managed table.
- How to create a managed table
- How to import data from an excel file into managed table
- How to import data from text file into managed table
- How to import data from access file into managed table
For the purpose of this article we are going to use a simple and fictitious example of a Airline data. You will want to replace reference to the “AirlineInfo” managed table with a managed table of your own.
1. To the left on the screen, expand the Analytics & Reporting branch, right click on a folder and click on Create report, enter the report name, report description, select a managed table from list of tables and click on Choose the selected item. For more detailed information, please refer to steps from 1 to 4 in this article of how to create a tabular report.
Once you complete steps from 1 to 4, system will open a new browser window as shown in below image. Browser will load the report after few seconds that allows you to edit tabular report and select graphical chart.
5. Click on Table and Chart option from the Output Options on the right side of the report window.
6. Click on Column Based option from the Data Output options from the right side of the report window.
7. Drag and drop the columns from the Data Fields section into the Columns section that you want to include in tabular report and chart report.
8. Click on Report Properties section to expand it and click on Select sub categories to expand drop down list and select All ungrouped reports from the list.
9. Click on next button icon or button 2 to go to the next step of the editing report.
Browser will display “Loading Report” text as shown in below image while it navigates to the next section.
10. Click on Edit button from the menu bar on top and select Chart option to select and edit the chart. This will load the chart editor where you can select chart type from different options and select label, series and format the chart as per your requirement
11. Click on Chart menu, Click on drop down list of chart type and select a pie chart option.
12. Click on Save button to save the selected chart type.
13. Select the chart label from the drop down list on the left side of the window, select the Series, and click on Refresh button.
This will add the pie chart for the selected data and appear as shown in below image. There are different options available to format the chart and to change the appearance of the chart
14. Click on Close button.
15. Click on Save button in the main page that shows tabular data & pie chart.
16. Report name will appear as you entered in the step 2 earlier. Enter the new name in the Name field to change the name of the report.
17. Click on Activate button to finish editing report and activate it.
After clicking on Activate button Report will be activated and browser will display complete created report as shown in below image. You will notice thatEdit button is not visible anymore.