SolveXia Analytics & Reporting provides a simple way to create powerful reports based on managed tables. With the latest BI and data visualisation techniques, you can create reports that communicate and inform effectively.
This article is a tutorial which will act as a guide to working with filters. After completing this tutorial, you will be able to create filters which users can interact with based on the data values contained within a data field.
Before we get started
Before we start, please make sure that you have a managed table created and table has at least one row of data.
There are help articles to help you create your managed table and import data into it.
- How to create a managed table
- How to import data from an excel file into managed table
- How to import data from text file into managed table
- How to import data from access file into managed table
- Create a report with a pie chart
- For the purposes of this article we will continue to use the example from the Create a report with a pie chart tutorial.
1. Open the pie chart created at the completion of the Create a report with a pie chart tutorial.
2. From the toolbar, select Edit. Then, from the dropdown that appears, select Data.
3. Expand the ‘Views and Sources’ folder in the ‘Data Fields’ pane by clicking the arrow.
4. Drag the “AirlineInfo_Fare_Class” field into the ‘Filters’ pane.
5. Navigate to the ‘Report Filter’ stage by clicking 2.
6. Select the collapsed dropdown containing the value “Equal to”. Select “In List” from the dropdown.
7. Navigate to the ‘Preview’ stage. Select the ‘Filters’ toolbar. Then, select the collapsed dropdown containing the value “- – Select – -”. Select“AirlineInfo_Fare_Class” from the dropdown.
.8 Select the ‘Entry style’ icon from the toolbar. Under the ‘How should values be entered for this filter?’ section, select ‘Drop-down’.
.9 Under the ‘How should values be provided for the Drop-Down list?’ section, select the ‘Refresh Now’ hyperlink. Click Save.
10. To filter the pie chart so that it only refers to data of “Business” fare class, select “Business” from within the drop-down list. Click the arrow to generate the chart.