Access Filters are used to restrict data based on the user running a report.
The steps for setting up Access Filters are:
- Login in goreporting.solvexia.com as Admin, go to Data Sources and select the table on which the filter will be applied:
2. Select Yes in source filters and click on 2.
3.Click on Add, then select Manual Data Entry and click on Next
4. Give a description to the filter and click on Edit
5. A new popup window will open, click on Add, assign Code and Name, click on Add again
6.Click on Save
7. Assign filters to the user as required, for example user 1 will only be able to view data from Group 1. Then click on Save.
8. Go back to the Admin console and select a view to apply the filters to.
9. Select Edit Existing and click on Continue
10. Go the tab 2, select a field to link the access filter to and then click on Access. Select the Access Filter, click on Save and then exit.
11. Login into go.solvexia.com and open in edit mode a report that is generated with the just modified view. in the Data tab a new Soruce Filter box will appear, click on the filter to active it