Action steps are the "doing" steps in SolveXia. They contain all of the automation for your process and cover things like:
- Communication: Sending emails, SMS, getting data from SFTP servers etc.
- Manipulating data: Editing files and data (including performing calculations).
- Third-party tools: Running and working with specialist tools (like actuarial systems)
- Process controls: Renaming the process run, triggering runs in another process etc.
This guide will show you how to add a new action step.
1. In your process, right-click in any step group and select "Add action step":
2. Choose the type of action you want (for example Manipulating Data > Manipulate a file)
3. Enter a name for the new action step.
4. Click "Add the selected step to my process".
5. The new step should appear in the group (where you right-clicked to add the action step):
Tips and Tricks:
This article covers only the basics of adding a new action step. To learn more about each specific type of action step either search for the relevant article or see the links below:
- Manipulating data: Click here