Managed tables are the best way to store and process large volumes of data in SolveXia.
Once you create a table, you can easily add action steps to a process to copy data to the table, manipulate the data and then export the data to a file. Managed tables also allow you to create online reports and dashboards via the "Analytics and Reporting" folder in the process tree.
This article explains how to create a new managed table:
Tips and Tricks:
Once you have created your managed table you can add action steps to your process to:
- Import data into the table (see example)
- Run queries on the data in the table (see example)
- Export data from the table (see example)
Table and field names in the managed table must:
- Be at least three characters in length
- Not contain any spaces
- Not start with a number
- Contain only letters, numbers or underscores
Also, choose your data types wisely:
- Fields with data types of Number, Currency, Date and True/False will validate and only accept data that has a matching type (e.g. you can't store a text value in a number column).
- You should pick the appropriate data type for what you need. For example, if you need to sum values in a field, then you should set its data type to number.
- If you are unsure of the data type that is needed, select Fixed Length Text - as this data type can store data in any format.