One of the most important types of action steps in SolveXia is the manipulation of data including:
- Manipulating files (Excel, Access, Text/CSV, Word, PDF etc.)
- Validating data
- Working with data in the managed tables (SQL)
The steps below show how to add an action step to your process to manipulate data.
1. Add a new action step to your process and select the "Manipulate a file" option (learn how).
2. In the workspace, click on the blue text asking you to select an instruction:
3. The instruction selection window should then appear as follows:
4. Navigate to the data manipulation instruction that you want to use. For example, Excel > Copy > Copy cell values:
5. After selecting the instruction, the details (for the instruction) should then appear in the workspace: