It is possible to create a Managed Table by importing a CSV or Excel formatted file. This is a convenient and quick way to add a new table.
In this example, we will be importing the Client file into a Managed table:
1. In the processes tree, go to the Managed Tables section. Right-click on one of the existing tables and then select Import file into managed table.
2. Either click on Browse and select a file in your PC or drag and drop the file into the file box:
3. Select New table and provide a name for the table (no spaces allowed). Then click on Source contains headings? and Import:
A pop-up window will appear to indicate that the table has been created and ask whether to import the data or not, click on Yes.
Another window will show to indicate that the data has successfully been uploaded, click on Close this window.
4. The new table will be available on your list of Managed Tables. To see the table, right-click on it and select View top 20 rows:
5. By default, all columns will be assigned a Variable length text data type. It is recommended to update the data type to Fixed length text (for text), Number or Date. To change the table structure double click on the table, change the Type and then Save.
Tips and tricks
Make sure the file you are importing is closed. If the file is open on your PC you will not be able to upload it.
The table column names will be based on the headers on your file, no spaces or special characters are allowed. SolveXia will automatically replace these characters with a "_".