This article will show you how to create and use a "Clear step properties" step. "Clear step properties" is an action step that allows a user to clear the copy the properties of an existing data step.
In this section, we will take the reader through the required steps to create and use the "Clear step properties" action step.
1. Ensure your process is opened and "Design Mode" is switched on.
2. Right-click the step group you wish to add your step and click "Add Action Step"
3. Once you have done step 2. The following window should pop up.
a. Select "Clear step properties"
b. Give a name to your step.
c. Click "Add the selected step to my process"
4. The User Interface will then bring you to a newly created step in your process. You should see the following view if step 3 was completed successfully.
5. Now your step has been completed. To use it, you will need to point the step to a property in a data step to be cleared. You can do this by clicking the "Click here to change" button.
Below is a list of useful notes that may be helpful to designers:
- If this step is used in a run and is not linked to an external process, it will only clear the properties for the run (rather than the in-situ copy)
- If this step is linked to an external process, it will only clear the in-situ copy's property (and not the run copies)