The "Copy column" instruction simply copies the source column into the target column, as configured by the user.
Creating the Step
1. Create an action step to manipulate data.
2. Select the "Copy column" instruction.
Configuring the Step
There are two main parts to configuring this step: inputting the details of the source column (the column to be copied) and inputting the details of the target column (the column where the copy will be pasted in).
Inputting the details for the source column follows the same steps as for the target column.
In either case,
1. A workbook will need to be linked.
a. On the left side, the workbook corresponds to the Excel workbook that contains the column that is to be copied to.
b. On the right side, the workbook corresponds to the Excel workbook that the column will be copied to.
2. A worksheet will need to be selected. This worksheet is where the relevant columns lie.
3. A column will need to be selected. The first box next to "Column" indicates the first column that should be copied to target and the second box indicates how many.
For example, if column A of the source workbook is to be copied, 2 is selected as the number of columns and E is selected as the target workbook, then the "Source Column" will be chosen to be A and B and the "Target Column" will be chosen to be E and F.