The 'Import from Excel' action step allows importing of selected data range from an Excel workbook to a managed table.
The first step is to have initialised the target(managed table) and the source (excel file).
Start by creating a managed table with the following steps:
- Right-click the 'Managed Table' Folder and select 'Create table'
- Give the Manage Table a name and populate the needed field. Make sure the given names for the table and columns are descriptive and understandable.For the purposes of this article, we are going to use a simple and fictitious Managed Table named “Airline_Info”. You will want to replace this Table with one of your own.
Follow by uploading the source file with the following steps
- Create a data step and drag a 'File upload/download' placeholder within the grey border
- Save and upload your source file. Save again.
The third part of this process is to connect the source to the target:
- Create a 'Multiple file manipulations' action step and select 'Import from Excel' under the table instructions
- Select the excel file as your source and the desired cell range and the managed table as your target
Save the step, save the process, and run.