The 'Import from Excel' action step allows importing of selected data range from an Excel workbook to a managed table.
The first step is to have initialised the target(managed table) and the source (excel file).
Start by creating a managed table with the following steps:
- Right-click the 'Managed Table' Folder and select 'Create table'
- Give the Manage Table a name and populate the needed field. Make sure the given names for the table and columns are descriptive and understandable.
For the purposes of this article, we are going to use a simple and fictitious Managed Table named “Airline_Info”. You will want to replace this Table with one of your own.
Follow by uploading the source file with the following steps
- Create a data step and drag a 'File upload/download' placeholder within the grey border
- Save and upload your source file. Save again.
The third part of this process is to connect the source to the target:
- Create a 'Multiple file manipulations' action step and select 'Import from Excel' under the table instructions
- Select the excel file as your source and the desired cell range and the managed table as your target
Save the step, save the process, and run.