The "Select to text" instruction allows a user to query managed tables and export the results to a text (txt or csv) file.
This step is useful for exporting managed table data for consumption in other external systems and processes.
- Create an action step as "Multiple file manipulations".
- Add the "Select to text" instruction from the list under the Tables section:
- Configure the details for the instruction:
- Input the SQL query according to the guidelines here.
- Select the parameters for the output including:
- The delimiter, e.g. comma, tab or custom.
- Date data format
- End of line character (default is usually sufficient)
- Whether to encapsulate all text fields in a given character (double quotes by default)
- Whether to include column headings in the output.
- Link a text file stored in a data step property in a SolveXia process.