The Unmerge cells instruction allows you to unmerge cells that have previously been merged within an Excel workbook. The instruction can be configured to unmerge cells within a specified range, to ignore any cell range specified and unmerge all merged cells within a whole worksheet, or ignore any cell range and worksheet specified and unmerge all merged cells within a whole workbook.
1. Create an Unmerge cells instruction.
2. Link the file with merged cells as the target file.
- In this example, the file 'Merged Data' is linked.
3. Select the appropriate worksheet from the target file.
4. Enter the cell range with the merged cells. Select the option, "Within the specified range" under "Specify where to unmerge cells".
5. Alternatively, enter one cell as the address (e.g. A1) and specify where to unmerge cells with the following options:
- Within the selected worksheet: this option unmerges all the cells in the worksheet selected above
- Within the selected workbook: this option unmerges all the cells in the excel file selected.
6. Save and run the step.
In this example, the cell address is entered as "A1" and the option "Within the selected worksheet" is selected.
Once this step completes successfully, all 12 sets of merged cells have been unmerged: