The copy from Access to Text file instruction allows a user to export data from an Access database Table to Text format.
1. Create a ‘Copy from Access to Text’ instruction.
2. Link the the source file.
3. Select the required table from the source file.
4. The rule for the character to be used to be delimit data in the text file should be set to ‘Comma’ by default.
5. Tick the box for the ‘Export column headings to the target?’ rule.
6. The rule for how date data is formatted in the Excel file should be set to ‘dd/MM/yyyy, None’ by default.
7. Link the file named “Target” as the target file.
8. Save (the button is on the top right of the step page) and run the step.