The following is a step-to-step guide on how to import a chart from an Excel workbook to a Word document as a picture:
Steps prior to SolveXia
1. Prior to uploading the Excel workbook, assure that the desired chart has a defined name. This can be done by selecting the chart and then typing the name of the chart in name box situated in the top left.
2. Prior to uploading the Word document, assure that the desired location where the chart will be placed has been bookmarked. This can be done by selecting the area where the chart will be placed, clicking the Bookmark tab under Insert, and then typing the name under Bookmark Name :
Steps in SolveXia:
1.Upload the desired Excel workbook and Word document through a data step placeholder.
2. Create a 'Manipulate Data' action step.
3. Click on "Select Instruction Type" and search for "Copy chart". Select "Copy chart as picture from Excel to Word".
3. Configure the instruction by selecting the source containing the desired chart and the target containing the desired bookmark.
The resulting chart should appear at the selected bookmark as shown: