The primary purpose of data steps is to hold data that is used in the SolveXia processes. In order to use this data you can link data step properties to your action steps. This gives you a powerful way to use dynamic data and create sophisticated processes.
Almost every action step in SolveXia can link data step properties. If you see an icon* in the placeholder in the action step as shown below, that means you can link a data step property to that placeholder.
* Please note that "+1" sign near the Link icon means that you can link multiple data step properties.
Important: Some action steps can link only specific data step properties. For example, only files.
How to link data step properties to action steps
1. Open the process.
2. Create a data step and add data step property with any type.
3. Create an action step that can link a data step property.
4. Click on the Link icon in the placeholder.
5. Choose the process, data step and data step property type in the modal window.
6. Click on the Link button next to the data step property you want to link.
7. Click Save.