You can preview a managed or virtual table to get an understanding of the data that it is storing. This can be very useful when debugging or checking that your process is doing what you expect it to.
1. Click on "Managed Tables" in the vertical bar situated on the left-hand side once you enter a process.
2. Select the name of the table you would like to preview.
3. You should then be directed to the Table Specifications page in a new tab.
4. Click on the "Preview data" button.
5. This will open up a SQL editor, which allows you to preview data from your managed table. A simple select statement is auto-filled; press "►" to preview the data:
Tips and Tricks
Alternatively, you can preview managed or virtual tables without knowing which process it belongs to. To preview the table via the Managed Tables folder.
- Click on Folders (situated on the top left-hand corner of the page)
- A list of folders will appear, click on Managed Tables
- Select the managed or virtual table you would like to preview or search the table name in the search bar.
- You should then be directed to the Table Specifications page. Follow step 3-5 in the previous section.
The default select statement in the SQL Preview Editor can be changed.
- As an example, the following query is using a where clause in order to only select data in the category of Liabilities: