The Update cell values instruction allows you to update a range of cells with a particular value. Only one value can be configured into the instruction.
To use the Update cell values instruction, you will need to create an action step to manipulate files so that you can add and use instructions.
1. Select the Update cell values instruction:
2. Link the excel file you would like to modify as the target file.
3. Select the sheet corresponding to the cell you wish to update. You can specify this via the sheet name or the sheet index.
4. Select the range you wish to update. If it is a single cell, you can use Address and enter the cell. Otherwise, for a particular range that specifies more than one cell, you can use Advanced Range or Name.
5. Select the data type variable that the value belongs to.
6. Type the value you want into the Value box. Alternatively, if the value type you choose is Data Step Property, click the link button on the Value box and link it to the appropriate data step.
7. Click SAVE and run the step.