The Clear cell range instruction is used in an action step to clear data within an Excel workbook, with the option to also clear any formatting in these cells.
Creating the Step
1. Create an action step to manipulate data.
2. Select the "Clear cell range" instruction.
Configuring the Step
Setting up this step is quite simple: simply enter the details of the cell range which is to be cleared.
1. Link an existing workbook stored in a data step property earlier in the process.
2. Select which worksheet the cell range is located in.
3. Choose the cell range (or a single cell) to be cleared.
Note: The optional checkboxes under settings allow for more flexible use, such as the option for all formatting in the cell range to be cleared (i.e. all font colour, cell colour, borders in the cell range will be reset to default) or the ability to ignore invalid cell range.