The Find and replace instruction is used to find and replace values in an Excel spreadsheet.
The instruction is quite intuitive to create and use.
1. Add an action step to manipulate data
2. Select the Find and replace instruction.
3. You will then be presented with the following configuration view for the Find and replace instruction.
4. Select the desired target range in your indicated Excel workbook.
5. Select the data type of the value you wish to find, followed by the actual value
6. Indicate whether the value you wish to replace with is static or dynamic.
- A static replacement value is one that does not change across different process runs. In other words, the value you want to replace with will be the same every single time you run this process. In this instruction, the static value types include: "Number", "String", "Date", "Currency" and "Bool". Select one of the value types and enter the desired value.
- A dynamic replacement value, on the other hand, is a value that can potentially change across different process runs. This can be done by linking the value to a separate data step property, since data step properties can be dynamically updated in process runs (such as in the Publish cell value instruction). In this case, select "Data Step Property" and link the desired data step property via the linking box.