The Copy fixed field file to Excel instruction allows the user to import a fixed-width format text file into an Excel spreadsheet by specifying the position of columns within SolveXia.
In this example, we will use the following step to import the following fixed width input into an Excel worksheet.
First name Last name City Country Devin Velez Booischot Macedonia Bree Bowman Penrith Croatia Malcolm Evans Quesada Norfolk Island" Paula Olsen Springdale Sweden Julian Franklin Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands Tanisha Merrill Eckville Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands Hanae Soto Maria Cameroon Lesley Velez Trier Grenada Laurel Reyes Zaria Montserrat
- Create a Manipulate Data action step.
- Select the "Copy fixed field file to Excel" instruction from the list of available instructions:
- You will then need to configure the details for the instruction:
- Link a fixed-width format text file stored in a data step property in a SolveXia process and select the target worksheet and cell address.
- Configure the position of column breaks by:
- Single clicking on the preview to add a column break.
- Double-clicking in the preview area to remove a column break.
- Clicking and dragging existing column break markers to modify its position.
The number of lines displayed in the preview can be chosen by changing the "Preview number of lines" input.
- Link an Excel file stored in a data step property in a SolveXia process and select the target worksheet and cell address.
- Select whether to remove leading or trailing white spaces.