The Publish cell value step allows you to publish a value in a cell in an Excel spreadsheet into a data step property in SolveXia.
This can be useful if you require some intermediary calculations done in Excel before storing the value in a data step property.
1. Create an action step to manipulate data.
2. Select the Publish cell value instruction.
3. Indicate the source (the cell that contains the value you want to publish)
a. To link the desired Excel spreadsheet stored in a data step property elsewhere in the process, type the name of the file into the linking box or click the link button.
b. Select which worksheet the cell is in, and then specify the exact cell location.
4. Select the target (the data step property where you desire the cell value to be published) by typing the name of the desired data step property or clicking the link button.
Example - Publishing today's date
Suppose we wish to publish today's date as a string inside a text box data step property.
We could utilise Excel's inbuilt function TODAY() in order to achieve this.
1. Enter the following formula into cell A1 of our example workbook (in this example, named "Example.xlsx".
2. Set up a "Publish cell value" step and publish this date into a separate (currently empty) data step property (named "Today's date") with the following configuration.
3. After running the step or process, the data step property should now be filled in with today's date.