The insert row instruction allows a user to insert rows before a particular row within a particular Excel worksheet.
Before we get started
Also, create a Manipulate Data action step so that you can add and use instructions.
The target Excel file that we are going to use looks like this:
1. Create an Insert row instruction.
2. Link the file named “Target” as the target file.
3. Select Sheet1.
4. Type into the ‘Insert’ field or adjust the ticker next to this field to “2”.
5. Type into the ‘row at’ field or adjust the ticker next to this field to “3”. This configures the instruction to insert 2 rows before row 3.
6. Save and run the step.
7. After the step finishes running, download and open the target file: