The Sort instruction allows a user to sort the data within a particular Excel worksheet.
Before we get started
Please further create a Manipulate Data action step so that you can add and use instructions.
The target file that we are going to use looks like this:
We want to sort this data firstly by the numbers in Column A and then by the letters in Column C.
1. Create a Sort instruction.
2. Link the file named “Target” as the target file.
3. Select Sheet1.
4. Use an Advanced Cell Range from cell A1 to the last cell in column A as far as C.
5. In the table under settings, type "A" into the "Column" field, select Ascending and then click "Add".
6. After clicking the Add button your table should look like this:
7. Similarly, add the second level of sorting for column C (ascending). Note: column A will be sorted before column C because it appears first in the table.
8. Save and run the step.
9. After the step finishes running, download and open the target file:
Note: This instruction allows for up to 5 levels of sorting.