Sometime you may need to get a process to send SMS messages to recipients when it is running. The most common uses for this feature include:
- Having the process send start and finish messages, which helps kept stakeholders informed.
- Having the process process send error message to the process owner on certain error conditions.
- Having the process send interim results during the execution of the process, particularly long running processes.
To use this feature you can add Send an SMS step to your process.
How to add Send an SMS step to the process
1. Open the process.
2. Click on the group menu and select Add action step menu item.
3. Choose the step type Send an SMS. Search by Send an SMS in the filter field or use a Communications list as a shortcut.
4. The step will appear in the group and on the screen for further configuration.
5. Configure the step by adding the phone number and a message.
6. Click Save.