This action step type mimics the behaviour of the Email Confirmation step except with the ability to upload a file when the email is confirmed.
1. Add a new action step.
2. Go to the Communications tab and select Request files via email
3. Configure the request set up.
a. Select the time the recipient will be given to respond. We choose 1 day here, which means the recipient needs to upload the file within a day. If a recipient tries to respond after this time window, the system will redirect him/her to an error page.
b. Choose whether you want to collect feedback along with the requested files.
c. Select whether the recipient needs to sign in before being able to upload the file. Note: if the recipients are not SolveXia users, select "No", otherwise the recipient will not be able to respond to the email request.
4. Configure email sent to recipients.
a. If you leave the "From" box empty, the email will be sent from the SolveXia administrator.
b. If the email of the recipient remains the same across all process runs, enter it directly into the box. Otherwise, you can link the email to a data step property elsewhere so that it can dynamically change depending on the process run.
c. Enter the Subject and compose Body of the email.
d. Attachments can also be included in the email request if required.
5. Configure details regarding files requested from recipients, under "Requested Files" section.
a. Add single or multiple files for upload.
b. Add a label, which appears in the email. The file label can be selected to be "Literal", where you enter the label name into the box, or a "Data Property Link", where you link the label name to a data step property (text box).
c. Link the file placeholder to a data step where the file will be stored once the recipient has uploaded it and clicked on the email confirmation.
Note: Remember to click "Add" each time you fill in the details for a file to be uploaded.
6. An email confirmation sent to the user will look like the following once a user clicks on the confirmation link.
- Recipients will be able to upload a file, which will be sent to the data step once the user clicks the “Submit” button.
7. The uploaded file will appear in the linked data step.