SolveXia has the ability to set up a mail merge via an action step. A mail merge step enables you to send customised emails to multiple recipients. It allows you to use a single template with a data source that specifies the recipient's name, email address and other predefined data.
You can find the Mail Merge action step listed under the Communication section.
Setting up your mail merge
The data source
In SolveXia, the data source is required to be in a table structure residing in an Excel file. To specify your data source you will need to:
- Link the associated Excel workbook
- Specify the sheet name/index that the data source resides in
- Specify the Excel range of the data source
- Specify that where your range includes column headings.
Prepare your template by filling in the configuration.
- Recipient source is the relative column reference of your data source that contains the email addresses. E.g. if your data source's Excel Range is B2:F4, Col 1 will refer to Col B.
- Reply to is the email address that recipients will be automatically directed to if they reply to the email that is sent
- The subject is the email subject line that will appear to recipients when they receive the email.
- The body is the main template with your customised message
- Mail type allows you to choose whether the body will be included in the email body or as a separate document as PDF
- Attachments are a list of linked files you can send to each recipient. Note: these attachments are global and every recipient will receive the files in this attachment box.
- Individual attachments is a linked zip that contains multiple files that will only be sent out to specific users (configured in 8).
- Col reference for individual attachments is relative to your data source and the values in referenced columns must be an exact match to filenames (included the extension) that reside in the linked zip in 7.
Monitoring your mail merge
You can check the results of your mail merge by checking the output log file after the step has completed successfully.
Q/ Can SolveXia send emails from my company's domain?
A/ Yes, we can. However, we will need to work with your IT to set this feature up. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Q/ What is the maximum attachment size?
A/ Depends! For SolveXia, the maximum attachment size is 20 MB; if you upload a file larger than 20 MB the step will fail. However, the limit will also depend on your mail client and the maximum attachment size it can receive.
Q/ Can the step send emails to dynamic email recipients with dynamic subject lines and messages?
A/ Yes, we can. You add linked properties by clicking the link symbol, .