The Email Confirmation step is used to send an email to one or multiple people requesting that the recipient(s) review the information provided and respond accordingly.
The email will contain a link that, when clicked, will load a secure SolveXia web page allowing the recipient to view a message, download an attached file, provide feedback and either 1) acknowledge receipt of the message or 2) approve or decline the message. Responses from recipients, including any feedback, are collected into a CSV file and stored in the output section of this step.
1. Add a new action step.
2. Go to the Communications tab and select Email Confirmation
3. Configure the type of email confirmation to "Acknowledgement" or "Approval"
- Acknowledgement: Recipient must acknowledge the email for the step to pass successfully
- Approval: Recipient can choose to approve or decline the email (approve will allow the step to pass successfully and decline will fail the step)
4. Configure the time the recipient will be given to respond. We choose 1 day here, which means the recipient needs to respond to the message within a day. If a recipient tries to respond after this time window, the system will redirect him/her to an error page.
5. Set up whether all recipients or a defined number of recipients needs to acknowledge/approve the message for the step to pass.
6. Select whether to collect feedback with the email.
7. Select whether the recipient needs to sign in before being able to respond to the email. Note: if the recipients are not SolveXia users, select "No", otherwise the recipient will not be able to respond to the email confirmation.
8. Configure email sent to recipients.
a. If you leave the "From" box empty, the email will be sent from the SolveXia administrator.
b. If the email of the recipient remains the same across all process runs, enter it directly into the box. Otherwise, you can link the email to a data step property elsewhere so that it can dynamically change depending on the process run.
c. Enter the Subject and compose Body of the email.
d. Attachments can also be included in the email confirmation if required.
9. Click "SAVE" and run the email confirmation step.
10. Recipients will receive the email confirmation and once they click the link inside the email, they will be brought to the following web page:
- The configured email message will be shown.
- Recipients can download the attached file
11. Once the recipient clicks "Acknowledge this request" he/she will see the following message:
12. After the required number of recipients have acknowledged or approved the message, the step will pass and the responses from each of them will be collected in the output section (as a .csv file). This can be reviewed by the user at any time after the step completes.