The structure and design of a report in SolveXia will be based on the template that is uploaded into the process. It is subsequently critical to maintaining the integrity of the template to ensure the consistency of future reports.
The most effective way to achieve this in SolveXia is by using the "Copy properties between steps" action step. This step will allow us to structure the process such that operations are performed on the template copy instead of the original. The ability to isolate all of these things into one step makes it much easier to manage and develop the process in the future.
1. Preparing the Data Steps
Before this process is created, a "File Upload" portal must be created to store the template and its copy. The article adding a data step explains this in further detail.
2. Accessing the Step
Create a new action step and select the Copy properties between steps option.
3. Configuring the Input
Suppose that we have created a “KPI Report Template” to use in our process.
- To produce a copy of the template, click on the link icon under "Copy From":
- Click on the SolveXia step that stores the template and then click on "Link" next to the “KPI Report Template”.
You will now have the Template in the "Copy from" field:
4. Configuring the Output
Similarly for the output:
- Click on the Link icon under "Copy From".
- Find the appropriate location of the output and click on the "Link" button.
5. Outlining the Step
- The name of the Output file can be changed by typing into the "New file name" Field. In this instance, we have named the output file "KPI Report"
- We can also add a "Description" to describe the function of this step.
- Click the Add button. This will create a new row, as shown in the table below. Then click Save.
6. Process Summary
Once the previous parts have been completed:
- Run the process to create a copy of the template.
- We can now link the action steps to the copy of the template.
It is very important to ensure that all steps are linked to the copy, rather than the original to maintain the data integrity of the template.