One of the most important types of action steps in SolveXia is the manipulation of data including:
- Manipulating files (Excel, Access, Text/CSV, Word, PDF etc.)
- Validating data
- Working with data in the managed tables (SQL)
The steps below show how to add an action step to your process to manipulate data.
1. Add a new action step to your process and select the "Manipulating data" option (learn how)
2. In the workspace, click on "SELECT INSTRUCTION TYPE"
3. The instruction selection window will appear as follows:
4. To select the data manipulation instruction that you want to use, you can type the instruction name into the search box or click "Show more"
5. The below window will appear. In this window, you can filter the instructions by data types and select the required instruction from the list. For example, click "Excel" -> click "Copy cell values"
6. After selecting the instruction, the details (for the instruction) should then appear in the workspace: