Copy properties between steps is an action step that allows a user to copy the properties of an existing data step into another data step.
A common use of this step is to copy an existing file in a data step into another file placeholder property. For example, if you have a process that populates a monthly report with data, you can use the Copy properties between steps to make a copy of a report template instead of uploading a file to be filled in monthly.
In this section, we will take you through the required steps to use the Copy properties between steps action step.
1. Hover your mouse over the group name you wish to add your step to, click the three dots on the right and click Add action step
2. Once you have done step 1. The following window should pop up.
a. Go to the Manipulating Data tab
b. Select Copy properties between steps
3. You should see the following configuration template if step 2 was completed successfully.
4. To complete creating your step, you will need to select the desired "Source" and "Target" locations. Click "Add" and a new row with your configuration will appear under the template row.
5. Remember to click "SAVE" after configuring the step.
Tips and Tricks
Below is a list of notes that may be helpful to designers:
- The step can only copy properties between steps of the same type. For example, you may not copy a "Text block" data step into a "File upload/download" data step.
- You can use this step to rename a file by having the "Source" location and "Target" location point to the same data step.