Get file list from zip file instruction allows you to extract a list of the names of all the files contained within a zip file into an Excel worksheet. The instruction can be configured to generate the list of names in either ascending or descending order.
If you run the step with the zip containing following list of files:
The result will be an Excel file with the following contents:
How to get a list of file names from a zip file
1. Open the process.
2. Create Manipulate Data action step.
3. Add Get file list from zip instruction.
4. Link a zip file with file names you want to extract in the SOURCE section.
5. Link an Excel file that will contain the results of extraction (file names from zip source) in TARGET section. Supply the sheet and cell address the list should be inserted to.
6. Choose the File list sort order of file names that will be applied in the target Excel file.
7. Click Save.
8. Run the step to get the result.